Open your doors to your future workforce. Join FIESTA Schools Week to give school kids an insight into job and career opportunities in your business.
The UK furnishing industry produces more than £11 billion of product per year and employs 327,000 people across 50,000 registered companies in the wider furniture and furnishings sector, including specialist retail but excluding general retail.
The sector is a powerhouse of commerce, bringing together skilled workers, craftspeople and creatives to name just a few of the employment opportunities available.
Despite offering a variety of exciting roles, the industry is often overlooked by young people when choosing a career, partly due to a lack of awareness.
With a skills gap developing and the government focusing on growing the economy and raising productivity by increasing the number of people studying Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM), the furniture and interiors industry is sleepwalking into an employment crisis.
We’re calling on UK furniture and furnishings manufacturers to sit up and take action!
We want you to partner with a school or college in your local area and organise an educational trip at your factory in the week commencing 4 March 2019 for schoolchildren from Key Stage 3 upwards.
FIESTA Schools Week is an opportunity to celebrate the furniture and interiors industry and promote it as a sector of choice to the next generation of workers, bolstering its prominence and ensuring its long term prosperity.
As a host company, you’d be expected to:
- Liaise with a local school (with the support of FIESTA) and organise a factory tour for up to 30 students and accompanying teaching staff
- Work with the designated school to ensure a clear itinerary for the trip
- Work with the designated school to include curriculum related information in the tour, if possible
- Provide the school with any necessary forms that may need completing prior to the visit.
Why should you take part?
- You’ll be helping promote the furnishing industry as a sector of choice
- Young people will be made aware of your company as an employer in their local area
- It’s a great opportunity to get some local PR
For more information about the FIESTA Schools Week, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org